Our Heritage

The History of Clovelly Bowls Club

 

Our Club was established in 1947 with an Inauguration ceremony that was held on 15th June by our Foundation President John F Burrows who was to remain President until1951.

 

On 13th January 1949 Greens 1 and 2 were ready to be played upon and in February construction commenced on our original Club House which was officially opened in May of 1951.

 

Since its inception Lawn Bowls have been consistently played at the site and to this day the Club is still going strong with a Men’s Club, Woman’s Club, Bocci Club and Barefoot Bowls still being played throughout the year.

The-History-of-Clovelly-Bowling-Club.gif
Foundation--President-J.F.-Burrows.gif
Bill-Brown-circa-1955.gif
Dave-Masters.gif
scan0005.gif
Hugh-Macpherson.gif
Judy-Court-1.gif